Can You Reglaze Into My Existing Spectacles
Can I use my existing frames for you to put prescription lenses into?
Reglazing glasses is the process of fitting new lenses into ‘old’ frames. If you have a pair of glasses that you want to keep but need new lenses, our reglazing service is available to you.
There may be a number of reasons why you would wish to get your old glasses reglazed
- Your prescription has changed.
- Your lenses are scratched.
- Your lenses are damaged.
- You prefer different type of lenses.
- You bought new frames elsewhere and need lenses fitted
- Quite simply to wish to transform your image with aviator style frames with a mirror tint for that 'rock and roll feel' for the upcoming concert...
If you would like to use our reglazing service please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call to discuss the options available. Alternatively, you can contact the HOTSPEX GURU on:
0121 327 2378
We advise that to reglaze your own frames there is still a risk factor involved in glazing lenses into them dependent on how old the frame may be or what materials are made of. We also will not be held liable for frames damaged or lost in the post and suggest you send them recorded delievery in suitable packaging.
Please ensure the following on inspection before sending your frames to Hotspex:
- PLASTIC FRAMES ; There are no discolorations to the frame, frame is not brittle and there are no cracks around the frame profile
- METAL FRAMES ; Spring hinges are in tact, frame front is not damaged and screws are in place
- SUPRA (SEMI-RIMLESS) ; Nylon cord is affixed securely against lens and frame rim
- RIMLESS FRAMES ; Lenses are secured by adequate nuts and bolts.
If you do require a REPAIR SERVICE for your spectacles please inform us and we will be delighted to advise you before offering the reglaze service
PLEASE STATE THE FRAME MODEL, MAKE AND MATERIAL INCLUDING A DESCRIPTION
1) FRAME TYPE AND REGLAZING FEE
|SEMI RIMLESS (SUPRA)||£25.00|
2) LENS TYPE
|PLANO (NO PRESCRIPTION)||£10.00|
|DISTANCE VISION (GENERAL WEAR / TV)||£10.00|
|INTERMEDIATE VISION (VDU / READING MUSIC)||£10.00|
|READING / NEAR VISION||£10.00|
|BIFOCALS R24 ROUND SEGMENT||£30.00|
|BIFOCALS D28 FLAT SEGMENT||£30.00|
|ANY PARTICULAR REQUEST FOR A BIFOCAL/VARIFOCAL LENS TYPE|
3) LENS THICKNESS
|STANDARD 1.49 LENSES||£10.00|
|THIN AND LIGHT 1.56 LENSES||£10.00|
|THIN AND LIGHT 1.6 ASPHERIC (19% REDUCTION)||£60.00|
|SUPER THIN AND LIGHT 1.67 ASPHERIC (31% REDUCTION)||£80.00|
|ULTIMATELY THIN AND LIGHT 1.74 (33% REDUCTION)||£110.00|
INCLUDES UV PROTECTION, REDUCES GLARE AND ALSO KNOW AS ANTI-FATIQUE LENSES. DARKEN IN UV SUNLIGHT THEN RETURN TO CLEAR LENSES INDOORS
5) OPTIONAL TINTS (INCLUDES UV PROTECTION)
|DARK GREY / BROWN||£12.00|
|DARK GREEN G15||£15.00|